UPOnline Application Fee
When you submit your UPOnline study application, you will need to pay an application fee of R300 (US$30) for 2021.
- Please note that the application fee is non-refundable.
- Please make use of the following payment options:
- Online credit card payment as part of this application submission, i.e. by paying with a valid credit card with sufficient funds and by entering the correct details.
- Note that the online application system can only process payments that reference valid credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Diners Club) information, with sufficient funds.
- Use alternative mechanisms (eg. Electronic Funds Transfer or a bank deposit) to pay the application fee into the University of Pretoria’s bank account.
- When making such deposits please quote your temporary online study application number (typically in the form T1234567) that would have been emailed to you as the payment reference.
- When making such deposits, you must retain the proof of payment as you will be required to scan and to upload the PDF file together with your other supporting documents.
- Once you have registered, your personal student account details can be viewed on the UP Student Portal (Student Centre).
- If you are a first-time user, go to the UP Student Portal, click on ‘New User’ and enter your student number as a username. Type in your ID/passport number and click on ‘Proceed’.
- The summary of fees and statement of account icons contains handy information.
- The table indicates the tuition fees that are levied per individual module.
- The total fee for the selected study programme is included at the bottom of the table.
- The programme cost is divided into equal payments and payable when registering for each module.
- UPOnline tuition fees will increase annually by approximately 5%.
- The annual increase will apply from the March intake, which is the second intake of the year.
- If the programme fee is paid in full upfront the student is still liable for the difference between the upfront payment and increased amount until the completion of the programme.
- Module fees are payable prior to the start of the registered module, if the payment is not received, access to Blackboard/clickUP is revoked 5 days after the start of the session.
- International students should allow at least ten (10) working days for processing by the bank and retain the proof of payment for reference purposes.
Payment Information and Banking Details
For more details about how to make a payment, please visit our Payment Information page, or if you want to make payment by credit card, go to this Payment Platform.
Please note that when you are making payment, the application fee is paid into the Application Fee Account, and the tuition fee is paid into the Tuition Fee Account.